Posted on July 9th, 2019
Maintaining a spotless kitchen sink is not an easy task. With all the dishes and scraps of food that go through it daily, the sink needs to be cleaned daily if you want to keep it squeaky clean and prevent the spreading of harmful microbes throughout the kitchen.
If your family won’t help you with housework, you’re probably struggling to keep the house clean if you work full time. Luckily, you can reach out to the leading cleaners in Norman, OK who will not only give you a shiny kitchen sink but will make your entire home look immaculate. They can even help you get rid of carpet mold!
How do I disinfect my kitchen sink?
You can’t have a clean and healthy home without a pristine kitchen. The sink, in particular, requires special attention since it’s a perfect place for the growth of germs and bacteria. Here’s how you can disinfect your kitchen sink successfully:
- Scrub it with a clean sponge: pour some dishwashing liquid on a clean sponge and give the sink a good scrub to remove food and water stains.
- Use distilled vinegar: spray some vinegar into the sink and let it sit for a couple of minutes to kill the bacteria. You can either let the vinegar dry or wipe it off.
- Use hydrogen peroxide: you can also eliminate germs with hydrogen peroxide. Just make sure not to mix it with vinegar since combining them creates peracetic acid.
- Don’t let the sink become clogged: use some baking soda or mix it with vinegar and pour the mixture into the drain to prevent clogging. Rinse with warm water afterward.
What can I use to clean a stainless steel sink?
A stainless steel sink has always been a popular choice due to its modern look and wear resistance. However, stainless steel needs to be cleaned with special care if you want to avoid damage. Here’s how you can take care of your stainless steel sink:
- Scrub it with a mixture of powdered borax and lemon to remove stains
- Avoid using salts and acids to avoid damaging the finish
- Don’t use bleach, ammonia or abrasive cleaning agents
- Use safe and eco-friendly cleaning products
- Use distilled vinegar to sanitize the sink and get rid of mold
- Rinse the sink with warm water after cleaning it
How do you get stains out of a kitchen sink?
Sometimes, removing the stains from your kitchen sink requires a little bit more time and effort. When dealing with stubborn stains, baking soda and powdered borax mixed with lemon juice are the two best removal methods you can use.
If opt for the baking soda method, just sprinkle some of it on the stain and rinse with warm water. You can also combine it with white vinegar for a stronger effect.
Making a powdered borax and lemon juice paste is another great and easy trick you can use to remove heavier stains. Mix half a cup of borax with the squeezed lemon juice (half a lemon is enough), pour it on a clean sponge and use it to scrub away the stain.
Hire the foremost cleaners in Norman, OK and enjoy a spotless kitchen
Why spend your free time scrubbing and polishing your sink when you can leave the task to experienced hygiene experts? They will make sure your kitchen sink looks impeccable every single day and you won’t even have to lift a finger!
Let peerless cleaning go-getters take your cleaning worries away by cleaning every nook and cranny in your home with unparalleled expertise while you relax at Lake Thunderbird with your loved ones. Contact HappyCleans and get your squeaky clean home today!