Posted on August 28th, 2019
Cleaning your entire home on your own can be time-consuming and exhausting, so you should consider asking your household members to help you out. Cleaning your house with your family can make this tiring task more fun, enjoyable and efficient. What’s more, this is a great opportunity to help your children develop a sense of responsibility.
Of course, you can always hand over your household chores to professionals by booking convenient cleaning services in Norman, OK. However, you should still help your little ones acquire the habit of cleaning up after themselves and handling tasks they may not enjoy doing.
So, if you work full-time and need to keep your home pristine, asking you family to help out can benefit all of you.
How do I get my family to keep my house clean?
Since cleaning isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when you think of family-friendly activities, you can encourage your children and spouse to become more involved. After all, you should all be in charge of maintaining a healthy, clean home.
So, how to make cleaning fun for your entire family? Here are a few simple tips:
- Be a role model. You can’t expect your children to tidy up if you don’t do it yourself. If your family sees that you stick to your own rules, they’ll be more likely to follow them, as well.
- Set common goals. It’s important to explain why cleaning is important and what it means to each family member. Then, set cleaning goals that all of you will try to achieve.
- Create a schedule. This will help you create a cleaning routine and turn this task into a family habit. Also, it will be a great reminder for your entire family when certain chores need to be done.
- Consider personal preferences. If any of your family members prefers doing certain chores, such as washing the dishes or dusting, you can assign those tasks to them. However, make sure to rotate chores that nobody enjoys doing.
- Turn it into a game. For instance, you can plan a family-friendly cleaning competition. Anyone who cleans their room first wins. Don’t forget to reward the winner!
- Treat your family. You can reward your entire family if you need to tackle a demanding task such as deep cleaning.
How do I help my child with housework?
Sometimes, it seems impossible to get children to clean, but there are still a few tricks that can help you out. You should:
- Assign age-appropriate tasks. Entrust your kids with tasks that are a bit challenging, yet still possible to complete. Of course, you won’t ask them to help you with disinfecting the kitchen sink or getting rid of mold under your carpets.
- Give them a time limit. If you ask your kid to just clean their room, they can keep postponing it. If, however, you give them an hour to clean the room and say that they can play video games a bit longer if they get it done sooner, they’ll be more encouraged to clean.
- Give them time when they’re young. Teaching your children to clean from an early age is a great way to help them develop this habit. However, they’ll need more time to complete certain chores, so remember to be patient.
How do I motivate my child to clean?
If your kid really dislikes cleaning, there are ways to make it more enjoyable and motive your little one to clean. Here’s how you can do it:
- Don’t use cleaning as a punishment because they’ll dislike it even more. They need to understand that chores are a part of everyday responsibilities.
- Make it fun. As already mentioned, you can turn cleaning into a game, play some music, dance while you clean, and so on.
- Reward them. You can use anything they enjoy doing or makes them happy as a reward for a job well-done. However, don’t reward them if they just do the dishes. Give them a plus and once they collect five pluses, they get a reward.
The best cleaning services Norman, OK can offer at your disposal
While cleaning with your family is important, you deserve to take a break from your everyday chores and obligations, relax by Lake Thunderbird, and simply have fun. How is this possible? Well, you can count on us to send the best cleaning experts in the area who will handle your housework and help you keep your home clean and fresh.
The cleaners we work with have been thoroughly vetted and evaluated, so there’s no doubt they can meet all the IICRC cleaning standards. Contact us today and we’ll send the best of the best your way!