Posted on March 25th, 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic has increased everyone’s stress levels and anxiety. Where are we getting the virus? When we come home to our loved ones, are we bringing it with us? As a result, many homeowners have turned to obsessively house cleaning to give them a sense of control.
Working mom who does not have the luxury of time to make your home spotless? We got you. HappyCleans’ house cleaning Oklahoma City is always one call away.
But if you’re a proud DIYer who wants to give it a go, here’s an expert guide on properly disinfecting and cleaning your home against COVID and other sickness-causing germs and viruses.
House Cleaning vs. Disinfecting, What’s the Difference?
Cleaning removes dirt with soap and water, while disinfecting takes it further by killing disease-causing germs, viruses, and bacteria with chemical-based disinfectants. Although they are two different things, both are extremely important for COVID-19 prevention.
Make it a habit to clean and disinfect your home whenever someone gets sick or test positive for COVID in the next 24 hours. Do it more frequently if someone in your household is at high risk of exposure. For instance, if someone is working in a health facility or your children are back in school.
In some cases, hiring a professional house cleaning services to do deep cleans also helps as an added layer of protection.
High-Touch Surfaces for Home Cleaning and Disinfecting
Aside from personal hygiene measures, such as washing your hands vigorously, you can also stop the spread of possible COVID-19 infection into your home by making it a habit to clean and disinfect. Nevertheless, this doesn’t mean you have to devote time to deep clean your whole house every day.
Health and cleaning experts recommend focusing on high-touch surfaces or parts around your home that are frequently touched or used to prevent the transmission of coronavirus and other bugs. These include:
- Pulls and handles of drawers and cabinets
- Tables and chairs
- Railings of staircases
- Kitchen countertops
- Light plates and switches
- Toilet seat and flush
- Computer keyboards and mice
- Landline telephones and mobile phones
- iPads, Kindles, and other electronic devices
- Remote controls
- Game controllers
- Car door handles
Effective House Cleaning Products Against COVID, According to Experts
As much as we want to stick to green cleaning products, most infectious disease experts recommend using only EPA-approved disinfectants that are scientifically proven to kill the novel coronavirus.
Some excellent examples include:
- Disinfecting wipes, like Clorox or Lysol
- Disinfecting sprays, like Purell
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Isopropyl alcohol 70%
Unfortunately, green cleaning solutions with natural ingredients like vinegar only have a slight fighting chance against the coronavirus. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggests making your house cleaning solution using:
- Five (5) tablespoons or ⅓ cup of bleach per gallon of room temperature water
- Four (4) teaspoons of bleach per quart of room temperature water.
House Cleaning Tips for COVID Prevention
- Always keep potentially harmful cleaning products out of reach of children.
- Do not mix bleach or other chemical disinfectants with other stuff.
- Open your windows to create proper ventilation when house cleaning with chemical cleaners.
- Follow expert instructions on how to use the product. For instance, The EPA advises letting house cleaning and disinfecting products sit and remain wet on surfaces for 10 minutes to kill 99.9 percent of germs and viruses.
- Wear protective gloves and masks to keep you safe from toxic fumes and prevent skin burns. Professional cleaners from top-notch maid services always wear the proper gear.
- Use only disinfecting wipes when cleaning and disinfecting electronic devices to prevent water damage. Do not spray directly.
- When someone is sick or tests positive for coronavirus, it’s ok to skip house cleaning areas that might put you at risk of exposure. Instead, book a residential cleaning or deep cleaning service after everyone in your household has recovered from COVID.
HappyCleans, The Best House Cleaning Service Oklahoma City
Give yourself the peace of mind that you and your loved ones are safe from COVID or other sickness-causing bugs. HappyCleans offers professional cleaning services in Oklahoma and other surrounding cities like Norman, Piedmont, Mustang, Moore, and Edmond.
Our house cleaning services are available at flat-rate pricing and include:
- Standard residential cleaning
- Deep cleaning
- Move-in cleaning
Our professional cleaners are fully bonded and insured. We also do thorough and regular background checks. Our house cleaners will do a fantastic job cleaning, bring their own supplies, and arrive in a timely manner.
What Sets Us Apart from Other House Cleaning Companies?
At HappyCleans, our mission is to give all customers satisfaction guaranteed. Whether you need a standard cleaning weekly or a one-time deep cleaning service, we’re more than happy to help!
We want to make life easier for you with free time on your hands and less worries in your minds. So when you call for our house cleaning services, expect our cleaning staff to deliver excellent service. As a result, we have many repeat customers extremely satisfied with their cleaning experience and have us on their speed dial as their go-to house cleaning company.
Give your family an extra layer of protection against COVID. Hire HappyCleans, the best maid service in Oklahoma City.