Posted on July 25th, 2022
Making natural homemade cleaners is a nice habit if you intentionally want to live a more sustainable lifestyle or simply minimize the chemicals you and your family are exposed to at home. Luckily, it’s super easy and inexpensive to make them from scratch using stuff you probably already have in your pantry. Follow this step-by-step guide to make your own eco-friendly glass cleaner.
How to Make an Eco-Friendly Glass Cleaner
What You’ll Need:
- Distilled water
- Isopropyl rubbing alcohol
- Microfiber cloth
- Spray bottle
Fill the spray bottle with equal parts distilled water and isopropyl alcohol. Then add one tablespoon of distilled vinegar. Shake vigorously to blend everything. Simply spray the cleaning solution on the glass or mirror surface. Wipe and buff with newspaper, paper towels, or microfiber cloth. Use it to clean glass windows, doors, shower enclosures, or walls.
Window Glass Cleaning Tips from Our Expert House Cleaners
- Do not clean windows on a sunny day. According to experts, the sunlight’s heat can cause streaking on the glass. It’s better to clean your windows on an especially overcast day.
- Use distilled water for your homemade cleaning solutions. Unlike hard water, distilled water has no minerals (calcium and magnesium) that may leave stains or cloudy deposits on the glass.
- Do not reuse an empty commercial cleaner bottle. Chemical-based cleaning products may still have residues and traces of harsh ingredients that may cause an adverse reaction to alcohol or vinegar, which are acids and solvents in your green cleaning solution. Our professional cleaners recommend getting new spray bottles to minimize untoward incidents.
- Use old newspapers for buffing. Crumple old newspapers into a ball and use it as a lint-free sponge. It’s one of the best window cleaning hacks to easily polish surfaces without streaking.
No time to Clean? Hire the Best Home Cleaners in Edmond
Windows need cleaning but got your hands full? Call HappyCleans!
We’re the best maid services in OKC. We have a top-notch cleaning team who are all insured, bonded, and background checked. As an additional service, we can clean your windows from the inside for a reasonable rate.
Use our online booking platform to get a free estimate within seconds, or call (405) 353-2665 if you prefer to do it on the phone. Our friendly representatives will be happy to assist you.
Instead of stressing about cleaning, spend more time doing what you love. Book a home cleaning service in Edmond now!