Posted on July 28th, 2022
A wooden countertop or butcher block countertop is an excellent choice because it combines form and function. It’s perfect if you want your kitchen to be aesthetically pleasing and low-maintenance despite everyday use. In this blog, our top-notch home cleaners in Edmond share expert tips on how to clean wood countertops properly after using them so they last longer.
What You’ll Need
Taking care of your butcher block, so it always looks brand new is fairly easy and does not require harsh chemical-based cleaning products. If you’re conscious about using chemicals, here are some eco-friendly cleaning essentials we recommend you have:
- Natural all-purpose cleaning solution made from equal parts distilled vinegar and water in a spray bottle. According to Hunker, white vinegar can dull wood countertops with a glossy finish, so make sure you wipe immediately or use apple cider vinegar, which is less acidic.
- Open-faced half lemon and salt are an effective combo for deep cleaning and scrubbing surfaces
- Spatula or any metal scraper
- Microfiber kitchen towels
Expert Cleaning Tips
Wooden countertops can take on anything and can be sanded down and oiled again to restore them to pristine condition. But imagine the extra work! Instead, our home cleaning professionals suggest cleaning your butcher block regularly.
Here’s how to clean wood countertops regularly:
- Use a spatula or metal scraper to gently scrape off crumbs and other food debris from the surface.
- Then sanitize by spraying a natural vinegar cleaning solution and wiping immediately with a microfiber cloth.
- Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle it with salt. Rub it on the surface to deep clean stains and eliminate unpleasant odors. Rinse with warm water, spray with vinegar cleaning solution, and then buff and dry with paper towels or microfiber cloth.
- Always keep your butcher blocks dry to prevent mold and mildew growth.
After Cleaning, Seal Your Butcher Block
Butcher blocks and solid-wood countertops are prone to warping and cracking when exposed to temperature shifts. That’s why it’s important to seal it using food-grade oil or beeswax to protect and maintain its appearance.
Dirty Kitchen but Got No time to Clean? Book The Best Home Cleaning Service in Edmond!
Super busy with work or taking care of your family? Can’t stay on top of your cleaning schedule? Need a bit of rest from all the household chores? Say no more; HappyCleans is here to help!
We’re the best maid services in OKC with a professional house cleaning team who are all insured, bonded, and background checked. Our regular home cleaning service includes making your kitchen countertop look sparkling clean.
Use our online booking platform to get a free estimate within seconds, or call (405) 353-2665 if you prefer to do it on the phone. Our friendly representatives will be happy to assist you.
So, stop stressing about how to clean wood countertops! Book a home cleaning service in Edmond now!