Posted on September 2nd, 2022
Glass stove tops are incredibly popular nowadays because they can quickly transform your kitchen and give it a stylish and modern look. But, like your dishwasher and other appliances, your glass stove top requires cleaning and maintenance to keep them in perfect condition and serve you for years.
But how do you keep it squeaky clean when you use it daily to cook and prepare meals for yourself or your loved ones? In this article, we ask our top-notch professional home cleaners in Norman for tried-and-tested tips on how to clean glass stove tops.
Step-by-Step Cleaning Glass Stove Top
- Keep a microfiber cloth within reach so you can easily wipe off and clean up messes and spills while cooking.
- You can use a commercial oven cleaner, mix dish soap, and distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle to remove stubborn stains or caked-up sauce spills and grease on the surface.
- Soak hardened food debris or messes for five minutes. We love using Scrub Daddy to work the cleaning solution and spread it around the glass surface, but you can also use other scrub brush brands of your choice.
- Remove with a spatula or knife to scrape off burnt stains.
- Rinse with a damp cloth, then buff dry with a cotton rag.
Our Favorite Cleaners for Glass Top Stoves
Most of the time, cleaning techniques and tools are more important than the cleaning products you use. But of course, you also have to be extra cautious when choosing to ensure they work without causing any damage.
When cleaning glass cooktops, we recommend staying away from harsh, abrasive substances that can scratch or stain the surface. In addition, since stoves come into contact with food regularly, we advise against using toxic chemicals, like Windex, that can compromise your and your family’s overall health and safety.
Our expert house cleaners have had much success using the following:
- Vinegar and baking soda if you want to go the natural eco-friendly route
- Bar Keepers Friend Multipurpose Cooktop cleaner
- Mr. Clean MagicEraser
How Often Should You Clean a Glass Stove Top?
Ideally, cleaning your glass stove top at the end of each day is highly recommended by wiping it with a damp microfiber cloth. This prevents dirt and grease build-up, making cleaning several times harder.
Book the Best Home Cleaners in Norman
Who needs to think about how to clean a glass stovetop? Let the best home cleaning company in Norman do it for you.
We have excellent and experienced professional cleaners who are all insured, bonded, and vetted to guarantee quality and your peace of mind. Our cleaning services include:
- Regularly scheduled cleaning
- Deep cleaning as an add-on service
- Move-in/move-out cleaning
- Post-construction cleaning
Use our online booking platform to get a free estimate within seconds, or call (405) 353-2665 if you prefer to do it on the phone. Our friendly representatives will be happy to assist you.