Posted on November 25th, 2022
It’s the most wonderful time of the year once more. It’s funny how most people look forward and will Christmas to come sooner, only to realize later on how exhausting and stressful the holiday preps can be. From attending parties and dinners; shopping for the perfect presents for everyone on your list; chopping, cooking, roasting, and baking for several hours in the kitchen to prepare a sumptuous feast for friends and family; to making sure the house is dressed for the occasion spreading holiday cheers — oh, and don’t forget you also have to clean the entire house, especially if you’ve got guests staying over.
And if you found yourself stress-cleaning to get rid of unpleasant pet odor a day before Thanksgiving, anxious if your meticulous mother-in-law would notice, we’ve got something that could save you.
With expert tips from our most reliable local house cleaners in OKC, we share the ultimate Christmas cleaning checklist to make your life easier. We streamlined everything, listed high-priority cleaning tasks, and included a cleaning schedule of when they should be accomplished. Hopefully, this holiday cleaning guide can help you stay on top of your preps, saving you time and letting you spend a spectacular Christmas and New Year’s stress- and worry-free.
Holiday Cleaning Checklist
A Month Before
- Declutter your home.
A few days after Christmas, you’ll be welcoming a new year. Take this time to reflect on your space and every possession it holds. As the tidying expert Marie Kondo suggests, let go of things that no longer spark joy. Seeing relatives during the holidays can be anxiety-inducing, and a 2011 study reveals some people find calmness through decluttering.
- Book a professional cleaning service.
A thorough home cleaning is always an excellent idea after decluttering your home because it will amplify the effect of your efforts by brightening the space, making it smell fresher, and giving you the sense of healing and positive disposition. If you cannot do it (whether due to time constraints or you feel like you’re still traumatized from all the energy-sapping work from Thanksgiving), don’t worry; you can always book a local home cleaning company in OKC.
- Set up the Christmas tree.
After getting your home professionally cleaned, it’s way easier to make your holiday decorations stand out. Put your home in a festive mood by taking out the lights, baubles, garlands, candles, wreaths, Santa, and adorable reindeer if you have them!
Two Weeks Before
- Declutter, deep clean, and stock up on items in your pantry.
- Deep clean your fridge and freezer.
- Deep clean your oven.
- Deep clean your garbage disposal.
- Clean bedrooms and bathrooms, especially the ones you intend your guests to use.
One Week Before
One of the incredible benefits of getting your home cleaned by professionals is it stays clean longer and becomes easier to maintain. If you do go that route, you only have to do some light cleaning tasks during this time.
- Sweep and vacuum high-foot-traffic areas, like the entryway, living room, and stairs.
- Spot-clean stains on carpets and other areas.
- Wipe dust off coffee tables and other surfaces.
- Walk around the house with a basket and take out random stuff that doesn’t belong in a room.
- Change bedsheets and pillow covers in bedrooms.
- Replenish toiletries in bathrooms.
- Double-check if everything’s set in the guest bedroom and en suite bathroom. Put a welcome care kit (filled with hygiene essentials and treats) for a personal touch.
- Make room in your fridge for leftovers.
- Declutter and clean the kitchen countertops.
- Wipe down kitchen appliances.
- Tackle your laundry and make sure your hampers are empty. Christmas Day to New Year’s can get quite busy, and you may not have the time to do this if you delay getting it done.
A Day Before
- Set up the Christmas table and add a gorgeous centerpiece to make it extra special.
- Prepare new hand towels in bathrooms and kitchen.
- Take out the trash and replace liners in the garbage bins.
- Do a quick wipe of mirrors, sink, and other surfaces in the bathroom.
- Make space for guests’ coats and shoes in the entryway.
- Walk around the house and pick up clutter and personal items that don’t belong in the main living spaces.
Let HappyCleans Do Your Christmas Cleaning!
Did you get exhausted just by reading this cleaning list? Wait until you start doing them while juggling a dozen other things during the holiday rush. But hey, there’s a more straightforward solution: book the best house cleaners from HappyCleans to do your Christmas cleaning!
HappyCleans offers excellent maid and house cleaning services in Oklahoma City. We work with experienced professional cleaners who are insured, bonded, and vetted to guarantee quality and peace of mind. Use our online booking platform to get a free estimate within seconds, or call (405) 353-2665 if you prefer to do it on the phone. Our friendly representatives will be happy to assist you.
Gift yourself a sparkling clean home this Christmas. Book our cleaning service in OKC now!