Posted on December 24th, 2019
You will probably agree that curtains give that special homey vibe to your apartment. However, they won’t contribute much to the overall style of your home if you forget to clean them regularly.
In case you don’t have time to tackle them properly, you can always outsource this task to one of the cleaning companies in the area. If you live in Oklahoma and are interested in hiring one of the top-rated house cleaning services in Piedmont, OK, go through their offer and see if they deal with curtain maintenance as well. The licensed crew of well-trained cleaners will provide you with a peerless maid service you have never experienced before.
This article will discuss some of the common questions regarding the most efficient curtain cleaning options and provide you with easy-to-follow guidelines which are a key to a happy and healthy household.
If you have thought that keeping your walls sparkling clean, your carpets regularly vacuumed or getting your high-quality silverware polished requires a lot of effort on your part, just wait till you see the set of skills necessary to keep your curtains pristine! Of course, you shouldn’t be discouraged since this doesn’t mean you cannot easily learn how to maintain them.
Here is a helpful list of simple steps we have singled out for our knowledge-thirsty readers:
- Don’t forget to remove all the hardware after taking down your curtains.
- Shake them out to remove as much dust as possible.
- Check the curtains tag for any specific instructions regarding the water temperature or detergents that can be used for washing.
- Be careful not to overload your washer – most likely you will have to wash one panel per load.
- Hang your curtains to dry and then you can iron them, just keep in mind to choose the appropriate setting so that you don’t damage the fabric.
What is the best way to clean curtains?
Curtains can be made of different fabrics, which all require a specific approach to washing, drying, ironing and maintenance in general. Consequently, there is no single best solution for all of them. Instead, you should always double-check the care tag and adjust your cleaning method to it. Let’s discuss a few possibilities:
- Lace curtains are prone to wrinkling, so you would definitely want to hand wash them and avoid keeping them too long in the drier.
- Velvet curtains are a bit tricky because not all of them can be treated in the same way. For instance, lined velvet drapes should never be washed in the machine. The safest option would be dry cleaning. On the other hand, colorfast unlined velvet curtains can be rinsed on the delicate cycle.
- Acrylic bead and shell curtains are particularly sensitive and they need to be washed while hung up.
As we have already mentioned some drapes cannot be taken down for washing since you risk warping their shape and damaging the fabric. On the other side, even if you could take them down, why would you waste your time and energy when you can get the job done without moving them anywhere? Here is how:
- Vacuum them.
- Shake them out to get rid of the dust.
- Use a powerful steam cleaner. This method is especially successful at removing greasy stains and similar stubborn smudges.
- Use a spray upholstery deodorizer. This miracle worker will freshen up the entire space and really create an impression of a clean and tidy home.
Where can I book the top house cleaning services in Piedmont, OK?
If you want your curtains to be cleaned by professionals who respect your wishes and are ready to go the extra mile to get the job done on time, contact HappyCleans of Oklahoma City. You can count on us to connect you with the best maids in the area who will be ready to come to your address as soon as called.
We promise nothing short of excellence and guarantee for every single cleaner we team up with. After contacting us today, your only job will be to enjoy yourself and take a relaxing stroll at the picturesque Bluff Creek Park. We are here to make your life easier!