Posted on November 26th, 2019
Vacuuming is the cornerstone of any house cleaning in Piedmont OK. It’s faster, easier, and more effective than using a broom, and it rids our homes of harmful allergens and dust particles.
As we all have to vacuum on a regular basis, it pays to learn how to maximize the benefits you get out of it. In this article, we’ll answer some common vacuuming questions and give you a few pointers on how to vacuum like an expert. Read on!
How often should a home be vacuumed?
As a rule of thumb, any home should be given a standard cleaning (vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and general tidying up) at least once a week, with two times being the optimum. By doing this, you’ll ensure your home looks and feels fresh at all times.
However, if other obligations prevent you from performing a thorough wall cleaning, you can still give your house a quick vacuuming instead. It only takes a few minutes, yet it dramatically lowers the amount of dust, allergens, and toxins in your place.
An effective (if a little more expensive) solution is to buy a robotic vacuum cleaner. This way, you can let the little robot do most of the work while you relax at home or attend a thrilling game at the Chesapeake Energy Arena.
What happens if you never vacuum?
Unlike specialized types of cleaning like flatware restoration or curtain washing, vacuuming deals with the single largest part of any home: the floor. Needless to say, not cleaning your floor will cause all sorts of nasty problems.
- Dust buildup not only looks and smells bad, it also contains dangerous toxins, allergens, microbes, mites, and mold and fungi spores. These can aggravate respiratory conditions such as asthma, and even cause healthy people to develop chronic allergies. Last but not least, it can ruin your expensive carpeting.
- Dirt gets brought or blown into your home on a regular basis. It contains everything that dust does but in greater amounts. It also tends to be harder to remove, especially once it gets ingrained in the flooring, carpeting, or furniture.
- Food crumbs that fall to the floor will attract pests such as rats and insects. Even if this doesn’t happen, the natural process of decomposition will release all kinds of bacteria and parasites that can endanger you, your loved ones, and your pets.
What’s more, not vacuuming your home will negatively impact your personal and professional life simply because none of your friends or colleagues will want to spend time in your unkempt home. Worse, it will make them think of you as a slob.
Should I dust or vacuum first?
Always dust the highest areas of your home (light fixtures, tallest shelves, tops of cabinets, etc.) first, and then work your way down. This is called the top-to-bottom cleaning approach, and it’s one of the techniques professional cleaners use to render a more efficient service.
This approach has two big advantages:
- It gets the hardest stuff such as dusting, wiping, and scrubbing out of the way first. This makes the whole cleaning process feel easier as it goes along.
- It causes all the excess dirt and dust to drift down to the floor, enabling you to easily vacuum it all up at the end of the cleaning.
Where can I schedule the top house cleaning in Piedmont OK?
Want to have your place in Piedmont cleaned in a way that guarantees your satisfaction? If so, reach out to HappyCleans of Oklahoma City today! The maids we work with will show up at your place in no time and give it the best cleaning you’ve ever seen!