Posted on December 24th, 2019
You are probably focused on your daily chores making sure that your home is regularly vacuumed, the windows washed, your shelves dusted and that the laundry is done. If this is already too much for you, think about hiring a house cleaning service in Piedmont, OK. The experienced cleaning professionals will pay attention to the neglected parts of your home and ensure that your walls are immaculate white. After all, stained walls can easily tarnish the beauty of your home and spoil the great first impression.
Of course, we don’t deny that keeping your cutlery shiny and your curtains regularly washed is equally important if you want to live in a healthy environment and avoid potential food poisoning or an allergy attack caused by dust mites. However, now is the perfect timing for you to learn more about wall cleaning techniques! Let’s go through some of the most common questions on this topic:
What is the easiest way to clean walls?
Bearing in mind that you are probably busy and already have enough tasks on your to-do list, we’ll start off with some of the fastest and easiest wall cleaning tactics:
- Dust them with a broom or a brush. Yes! Easy as that! Sometimes, it can be just a spider’s web or fine dust particles that create an illusion of filthy and stained walls. Luckily, just a few sweeps in a vertical motion will be enough to have your walls spick and span again.
- Warm, soapy water will do the job. In case you have wallpapered walls, the quickest way to get them back in good shape is to wash them. There is no need to use harsh chemicals since a quality soap will be more than enough.
- Vinegar is your best allay at fighting mold and mildew. Vinegar is a mild acid that has proven to be extremely successful at killing numerous mold species which can pose a serious health hazard to all household members. What’s best, this is a completely natural and green option!
As you can see, getting your walls polished can be super fast and you can even incorporate it into your standard cleaning routine.
What is the best way to clean painted walls?
Painted walls require special care since the last thing you want is to get them perfectly scrubbed but ruin the paint. Firstly, you should be 100% sure that you are familiar with the type of paint on your walls.
For example, flat and satin finishes are less durable and can be easily damaged if your brush is too sharp or if you scrub too hard. Also, do not keep your sponge soaked since an excessive amount of water can easily spoil the duller paint finishes.
On the other hand, glossy paint is significantly lower-maintenance and can endure the use of mild detergents and degreasers when necessary.
How do you clean dirty walls without removing paint?
As we have already discussed, certain sorts of paint are more susceptible to damage than others. With this in mind, let’s take a look at several paint friendly wall cleaning methods:
- Mix warm water and a nonabrasive all-purpose cleaner. Then, take a soft sponge and start from the top so that you avoid creating any drip marks.
- Use baking soda. It has been shown that baking soda can be extremely efficient at getting rid of persistent stains and sticky smudges which often appear around light switches and telephone jacks.
- Dish detergent is particularly helpful with latex-based wall paint. Just a few drops in a half-full bucket of lukewarm water will be enough. You will be thrilled to see how this affordable solution can do wonders for your walls in just a few sweeps.
Where can I get a prompt and reliable house cleaning service in Piedmont, OK?
If you want to have your walls cleaned by top-notch experts who guarantee results, HappyCleans from Oklahoma City is here for you! We will match you with experienced maids who will do the job in no time! You will finally get a chance to relax a bit and spend an unforgettable afternoon with your family at Lake Hefner. Reach out to us today and let us add a breath of fresh air to your lovely home!